Saturday, November 04, 2006

Chavez playing a dangerous game

I think I understand some of what Chavez is trying to do, and I’m sure he doesn’t appreciate the U.S. government trying to overthrow him and the Venezuelan state oil company.

Today, Chavez threatened to stop supplying oil to the U.S. if the Bush administration doesn't stop interfering with Venezuela's internal affairs. I’ve been worried an escalation like this might occur, and I think he’s making a mistake.

If he is really going to try to take Bush head on, he should look at what happened to Iraq a little more closely and consider the consequences of these threats. We get a lot of oil from Venezuela, and I’m sure Bush is fully prepared to keep that oil flowing at whatever the cost. This does not bode well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home